Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Mountain Percolator: In the Beginning . . l






Like most things in my life, I start out doing one thing and it morphs into a completely other thing. Start teaching, end up preaching. Start single, end up married. Start vaguely agnostic and end up Christian. Start Pennsylvanian and end up West Virginian. Start mathematician, end up theologian. Start with French, and end up adding Greek and Hebrew. Start out mom, end up grandmom. Point is, God always has a better idea. This ministry, WV Living Stone Ministries, started out with a passionate testimony about suicide recovery, Valley of the Shadow, (available for purchase in our store on this website 😊) and has morphed into something bigger and better than I'd ever thought, or hoped, or imagined. Now I travel all over the place not just to give seminars and testimony about suicide prevention and recovery, but also spiritual retreats and church events on all things Christian. And I'm having a blast.
Why WVLSM? Because I love the verses in I Peter 2:4,5: "As you come to Him, that Living Stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." Is there anything more dead than stone? Yet in my mind I picture a great building on a huge foundation stone of Christ, pulsating with life, and as each stone gets set in place, the indestructible life-force of Jesus quickens it as well.
Why WV? Because it is my adopted home state and very beautiful. And if you put WV in front of any domain name you are almost sure to find it is available. It doesn't mean I don't go to other states; my work has taken me to NC, OH, and even France. When can I come to yours?
Why mountain? Because most of the cool and exciting things in the Bible happened on mountains - Mt. Horeb, Mt. Sinai, Mt. Carmel, Mt. of Olives, etc. And because WV is the mountain state, the only state with all 55 counties in the Appalachians.
Why percolator? Because that is my favorite way to brew coffee. My brother said, "But the water goes through the grounds more than once." Tosh, tosh. That makes it richer, hotter, and without the bitterness. When we go back to the Bible over and over, we get richer and more on fire for Christ, and less bitter.
So let's connect, and share the journey. Because no matter what we are when we start, God is doing something amazing with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment